|Schedule||Wednesdays · 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM|
|Dates||September 14 – October 12, 2022|
|Medium||Drawing & Painting|
No class 10/5.
This class is part of our Art For Everyone series and is offered tuition-free for those experiencing economic hardship during the pandemic. Please register if cost has been a barrier to your participation at the Art Center. Spaces are limited and are first come, first serve. If cost is not prohibitive for you, please consider registering for a class that is not part of the Art for Everyone series. There are many exciting and inspiring classes available. Feel free to browse online or call for more information about our offerings. Registration is still required for tuition free classes. By registering for a class, you are committing to attending all class sessions. Supplies are not provided.
In this introductory drawing course participants will learn the basic skills of perceptually based drawing using graphite. Starting with line and moving into creating volume and form participants will uncover their understanding of how to translate perception onto paper. Knowledge of how to perceive visual relationships is already within you, now the focus will be learning to organize and express those visual relationships to create the drawings that you envision! We will work from direct observation and copying. Instruction will include brief lectures, handouts, demonstrations, examples of completed works and hands on guidance
– Control over the placement of objects on the page
– Visually organize and simplify anything from observation in order to put it on the page
– Sight measuring – using the pencil to compare distances and angles, height vs. width
– Constructing geometric forms using a combination of sight measuring, perspective, transparent construction (drawing every object as though you can see through it) and perception
– Tone (value)
– Confidence and comfort with the materials
Student Supply List: