July 20, 2022
Main Line Art Center seeks a creative, energetic registrar to provide administrative and customer support for the Saturday classes and workshops. This part-time, 8 hour position is multi-faceted and requires a poised and professional demeanor. The registrar must maintain an exemplary sense of professionalism and the ability to proactively problem solve.
At Main Line Art Center our values lead us and we are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusionary work place. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The schedule for this position is Saturdays from 9am-5pm during the school year. During the summer Saturday hours will be moved to weekdays as we close on weekends June, July and August.
- Provide administrative support for the organization: greets visitors, handles incoming calls, schedules vendors, checks and sorts mail, orders office supplies and maintains office equipment and space to ensure the Center is fully operational.
- Address teaching artist needs and concerns
- Advocate appropriate class selection to students to ensure a satisfying class experience
- Promote teachers, exhibitions, classes and other offerings to community constituents
- Provide student, guest, and visitor feedback to relevant staff
- Update and maintain mailings lists
- Assist with special events, parties and rental programs as needed
- Correspond with students regarding supply lists, directions and class information
Registration and Database Management
- Process registration for all classes, workshops, events and other activities
- Process all refund requests
- Manage class cancellations and notifications
- Process inventory and art sales
- Acts as an artistic resource and can knowledgeably speak about the artwork currently on view in the galleries
- Constantly work to streamline processes for efficiency
- Maintain all constituent records in the database
- With other registrars enter all class information in database to create online class listings
- Ensure organizational information is current and correct including signs, bulletin boards, shared office calendar and voice mail.
- Participate in staff and other meetings as needed
- Organize and maintain copy area supplies and publications
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
The ideal candidate will be highly-motivated and hardworking with the ability to handle whatever task is put before them with efficiency and an attention to detail. Previous experience with registrations or collections management, an appreciation for organization, and the ability to carefully manage time and meet deadlines are essential. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 years of related experience in an administrative position working in customer service and database management
- Advanced understanding of MS Office (particularly Excel and Outlook)
- Experience managing large constituent database systems required (familiarity with Art Center Canvas preferred)
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members of the community.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to remain in a standing or stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to adapt to high pace environments.
- Occasionally moving/lifting lightweight equipment and other work-related objects up to 25lbs.
- The registrar may need to cover occasional shifts during the week in collaboration with other registrar staff.
To apply email Ariel Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Saturday Registrar”. In order to be considered, you must attach your cover letter, resume and 3 references to your email as a single, separate document.
The position is currently open and applications will be accepted until it is filled.