Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships
December 1, 2022
The staff at the Center is a small but mighty group of forward-thinking creatives working together to serve our community and advance our mission. Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a willingness to learn are attributes we hope to find in our next team member. We foster an open and inclusive environment where all staff are encouraged to innovate, fail wisely, and feel empowered to share new ideas.
The Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships will be a key part of the Art Center’s leadership team and is the primary fundraiser for the organization. They will be responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all donors, major gifts, annual giving, and corporate funding. They will also be responsible for the proactive development of strategic partnerships within the business and philanthropic communities of greater Philadelphia. They will have proven success in cultivating relationships with new prospects and donors and the acquisition of large gifts. They will work with the Board and staff in order to meet the funding goals of the Art Center.
Salary & Benefits:
- $70,000-$75,000 annually
- This position includes fully funded health and dental insurance
- Employer matched SIMPLE IRA retirement plan.
- This position is onsite but work hours are flexible around weekend and evening events and networking and may include appropriate work-from-home opportunities
- Generous PTO (15 days in first year, 20 in second year),11 paid holidays, 1 week paid during December closure
- Staff are also encouraged to take a free class each term
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Foundation, Corporate and Government Funding:
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing corporate and foundation donors
- Continually research opportunities for funding through individual, foundation, and corporate channels
- Maintain annual foundation giving calendar and execute all renewals
- Solicit corporate sponsorship for programs including summer camp, exhibitions, community and accessible programs, among others
- Proactively seek out beneficial partnerships within the business community through participation in committees, groups, and events
- Handle all aspects of the Center’s EITC (Educational Improvement Tax Credit) annual renewal
Annual Giving, Prospect Management & Solicitation:
- Develop strategies for all targeted fundraising campaigns
- Maintain a prospect portfolio of individual donors and major gifts, and stewardship of all current donors
- Maintain all administrative tasks for current and prospective donors including gift tracking and acknowledgment, and donor record maintenance
- Manage Fundraising Committee composed of Board Members and stakeholders
- Work with Board Members to achieve trustee giving goals and all board reporting
- Develop and execute fundraising and cultivation events.
- Represent the organization at events and consistently seek networking opportunities to increase the Art Center’s visibility as an essential hub of community and creativity.
- Develop and coordinate event rentals onsite with community partners and local businesses
- Maintain existing program through numbers tracking, renewals, and benefits fulfillment
- Identify methods of program expansion, including development of upper-level tier and young professionals tier, events, and enhanced benefit activations
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years related experience
- Proven experience soliciting individual donors and major gifts
- Proven relationships with arts and culture donors in the tristate area
- Experience executing high-level fundraising programs and events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with Board, students, members and donors
- Night and weekend availability required as needed
At Main Line Art Center our values lead us and we are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusionary work place. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter as a single PDF to Ariel Edwards, Co-Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships Application.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.